Money transfers from UK to Poland
Guidelines for making transfers from UK to Poland
Fintecom Sp. z o.o. in Poland, trading as England.pl, has been successfully carrying out large amounts of money transfers from the UK to Poland. Transfers can be made to all banks in Poland but are only carried out to PLN accounts – we do not serve other foreign currency accounts in Poland, e.g. in British Pounds or Euro.
Below are a few steps you will need to follow to transfer your money:
- All cashless transactions of 100 GBP or above are sent to Poland free of charge. Transfers below 100 GBP carry a fee of 3 GBP (taken away from the amount sent).
- We do not accept cash payments to our accounts – we only accept online transfers made from your personal or business account.
- Only the owner of the account can make a transfer – we will not make transfers sent from someone else’s account.
- If points 2 or 3 are not followed, the money will be returned to the sender.
- Usually, a single transaction cannot exceed 50 000 GBP, but in certain circumstances, we accept larger transfers but only once conditions have been discussed by calling one of our operators.
- Before making a payment, you have to register by filling out the REGISTRATION FORM.
- When filling out the form, you must give us personal details necessary for the completion of the transfer. You will need to provide us with your e-mail address and set up a password, which will be used when logging into the system. Once you register, you will receive a unique customer number, which should be used in all contacts with us and stated in the reference of the payment.
- All bank account details are visible in your Client Portal, under BANK ACCOUNTS. Most transfers made from banks in Great Britain, for example, Lloyds, TSB, NatWest, Barclays, HSBC, should reach our account immediately or at the most within two hours of the payment being made.
- Once you have paid money into our account, you should log into your Client Portal, and request to make a payment from a previously added list of recipients.
- If the transfer exceeds the equivalent of 1000 EUR, or if the sum of smaller transactions exceeds this limit, you will need to send us copies of REQUIRED DOCUMENTS. Once the documents have been verified, your transfer will be made.
- The money will arrive in the PLN account in Poland on the same day, and if you paid money in late in the afternoon, the money will arrive either on the same day or the next working day from the day we receive the money in our account. The average time to carry out a transfer is one hour.
- In cases where we might suspect money laundering or if the registration has not been completed correctly, for example, by not sending us the required documents, your transfer will be stopped until all is clarified and full registration has been achieved. Large transactions may require confirmation of the source of money.
- The transfer will be calculated using the rate of exchange for transfers from UK to Poland from the time we receive the money in our account. Rates of currency exchange vary daily and are published on the main page of our website England.pl as well as in the Customer Portal.
NOTE: Any transactions over the equivalent of 1000 EUR, or a number of transactions exceeding this limit, require the sender to provide identity documents such as a passport, as well as a document confirming the residence address in the UK (for example, bank statement, bill, where both name of the sender and current address are present). The above requirement is part of our compliance with the Money Laundering Regulations. More on this subject in the REQUIRED DOCUMENTS section. Any information kept on our databases is protected and will only be used by Fintecom Sp. z o.o., in order to carry out the services we provide. No access is given to any third parties, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 ("GDPR").
Fintecom Sp. z o.o. is an Authorised Payment Institution supervised and regulated by the Polish Financial Supervision Authority (KNF) to carry out payment services under the EU Payment Services Directive under KNF licence number IP4/2013.