Money transfers from Poland to UK
Guidelines for making transfers from Poland to the UK
England.pl Sp. z o.o. in Poland, has been successfully carrying out large amounts of money transfers from Poland to the UK. The transfers can only be carried out in British Pounds to bank accounts in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. We do not make transfers in other currencies such as the Euro, for example.
Below are a few steps you will need to follow to transfer your money from Poland to Great Britain:
- All transfers of 500 PLN or above are made free of charge, and transfers below 500 PLN carry a fee of 15 PLN (taken from the total amount sent in).
- The amount transferred in one transaction cannot be higher than 250 000 PLN, but in certain circumstances, we accept larger transfers but only once conditions have been discussed by calling one of our operators.
- We do not accept cash payments to any of our accounts. Please only transfer money from your individual bank account (cashless transaction).
- Before making a transfer, you have to register by filling out the REGISTRATION FORM.
- When filling out the form, you must give us personal details necessary for the completion of the transfer. You will need to provide us with your e-mail address and set up a password, which will be used when logging into the system. Once you register, you will receive a unique customer number, which should be used in all contacts with us and stated in the reference of the payment.
- The money you wish to transfer to Great Britain should be transferred to one of the banks in Poland stated below (only PLN currency accounts):
- Bank PKO BP
- Bank PEKAO SA
- SANTANDER Bank
- Bank ING.
- Bank MILLENNIUM
- Credit Agricole
- Alior Bank
- Bank BGŻ BNP PARIBAS
- Once you have paid money into our account, you should log into your Client Portal, and request to make a payment from a previously added list of recipients.
- If the transfer exceeds the equivalent of 1000 EUR, or if a sum of smaller transactions exceed this limit, you will need to send us copies of REQUIRED DOCUMENTS. Once the documents have been verified, your transfer will be made.
- If the Zlotys arrive in our account before 16:00 CET on a working day, the recipient will receive money in Great Britain on the same day. If the payment is made after 16:00 CET, British pounds will arrive in the recipient's account on the same day or at the latest the next working day from the time we receive the money in one of our Polish bank accounts.
- In cases where we might suspect money laundering or if the registration has not been completed, for example, if you have not sent us the required documents, your transfer will be stopped until all is clarified and full registration has been achieved.
- The money will be calculated using the rate of exchange for transfers from Poland to UK from the time we receive the money in our account. Rates of currency exchange vary daily and are published on the main page of our website www.England.pl as well as in your Client Portal.
- You will receive two e-mails: one confirming receipt of your transfer notification, and the second confirming transfer realisation. All transaction details will be visible in your Transaction History.
NOTE: Any transactions over the equivalent of 1000 EUR require the sender to provide identity documents such as a copy of a passport, as well as a document confirming the residence address (for example, bank statement, bill, where both name of the sender and current address are present). The above documents should be attached in the Client Portal. This requirement is part of our compliance with the Money Laundering Regulations. More on this subject in the REQUIRED DOCUMENTS section. Any information kept on our databases is protected and will only be used by England.pl Sp. z o.o., in order to carry out the services we provide. No access is given to any third parties, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 ("GDPR").
England.pl Sp. z o.o. is an Authorised Payment Institution supervised and regulated by the Polish Financial Supervision Authority (KNF) to carry out payment services under the EU Payment Services Directive under KNF licence number IP4/2013.